A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, every quilt's proportions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Please do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is generally utilized to describe crafts produced by a craftsman as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter works with merely thimble, needle, as well as thread to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to develop a product distinctly for you.