A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Due to the fact that lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to look after their households, their jobs have to coincide with their home life. Making quilts accommodates that requirement. We allow these ladies to work at their own rate so that they can effectively take care of their family. For lots of women, making quilts is excellent therapy and also an excellent past-time.