A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.