A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies as well. We post the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.