A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who develop our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Kindly do your measuring before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The occupation of many Amish and Mennonite women needs to correspond to their home life, given that they stay at home to look after their families. Quilt-making fits that requirement. We enable these women to work at their own rate to make sure that they can effectively look after their family. For a lot of ladies, quilt-making is actually great therapy and also a great past-time.