A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts choose top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions can be different. We list the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans hold a quite important undertaking. They have the difficult assignment of determining complimentary fabric materials from an enormous assortment of materials generated by many different material artists and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is pivotal to the final visual appeal of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did a splendid job of finding attractive patterns that suit each other and coordinate nicely. This is the reason we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!