A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select high quality colorful materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. We list the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our creators maintain a very noteworthy assignment. They have the difficult responsibility of deciding upon complimentary fabric materials from a huge choice of fabrics manufactured by many different pattern artists and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is vital to the completed character of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did an excellent job of picking visually appealing patterns that balance each other and coordinate splendidly. That is exactly why we regard a quilt a piece of fine art!