A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We publish the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. It is important to do your research before buying!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.