A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions can be different as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Definitely do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.