A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different as well. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your research before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is generally used to define crafts created by a craftsman as opposed to a factory. Each handmade quilt is special since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and also stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with only needle, thimble, and thread to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to produce an item uniquely for you.