A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and organize them into a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, every quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. It is important to do your homework before buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently utilized to describe crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a factory. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses use numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter works with just needle, thimble, as well as string to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to produce a product distinctly for you.