A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Definitely do your research prior to buying!
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Given that each quilt's size is special, it really is important that the quilt you purchase is definitely a suitable match for your bed. Verify your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework before you purchase!