A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that make our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your homework prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.