A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We list the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since each quilt's size is different, it is important that the quilt you buy is a correct match for your bed. Investigate your size simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework prior to buying!