A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Definitely do your measuring before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is typically utilized to describe crafts created by an artisan instead of a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct because it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with merely string, thimble, as well as needle to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to produce an item distinctively for you.