A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's proportions differs. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Kindly do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans hold a really significant position. They possess the difficult assignment of selecting complimentary textures from a huge assortment of fabrics produced by different texture designers and companies. Each fabric chosen is pivotal to the final fashion of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did an admirable job of picking out visually appealing fabric materials that balance each other and combine excellently. That is the reason why we regard a quilt a piece of artwork!