A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select quality vivid materials and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Kindly do your homework prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Considering that a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to care for their households, their professions need to coincide with their home life. Quilt-making accommodates that need. Our company enables these women to produce at their own personal rate to ensure they can adequately take care of their family. For a lot of women, making quilts is actually really good therapy as well as an excellent past-time.