A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing varies as well. We list the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.