A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts select high quality vivid materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size is different. We list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Kindly do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers must coincide with their home life, given that they remain at home to care for their families. Quilting meets that requirement. We enable these ladies to create at their own personal pace to ensure that they can appropriately look after their household. For lots of women, quilt-making is actually good therapy as well as a superb past-time.