A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts select high quality colorful materials and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.