A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts choose quality vivid materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Considering that every quilt's size is unique, it really is essential that the quilt you buy is an ideal fit for your bed. Assess your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!