A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that create our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. It is important to do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is frequently used to describe crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is special due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses use various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife and also stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with only string, needle, as well as thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to develop a product distinctively for you.