A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts pick top quality vivid materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is typically made use of to define crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating knife and also stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter works with just thimble, thread, and also needle to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to create a thing distinctly for you.