A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size differs. We publish the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Please do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Our designers have a really significant undertaking. They have the difficult task of looking for coordinating fabric materials from a seismic choice of fabrics offered by various fabric designers and companies. Each material chosen is crucial to the completed appeal of the quilt. The artisan of this quilt did a fine job of going with attractive fabric materials that suit each other and combine excellently. That is why then we refer to as a quilt a piece of art!