A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select top quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's sizing differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your homework before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Each step of the quilt-making process needs a certain lady's knowledge. Each of our ladies specializes in either piecing or quilting. At the very least two ladies are involved in making each quilt. The ladies that sew the tops together specialize in piecing specific quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to end up being a professional in her field.