A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that design our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Over the centuries, a number of procedures have been perfected to make it much easier for quilters to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is named paper piecing, which is normally utilized to piece the complex corners of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it name specifies, uses a specific paper pattern on top of which the fabric cuts are stitched. The pattern leads the needleworker to correctly sew the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out flat. Methodologies of this sort as this are a very good help to our quilters!