A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing differs as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our artisans possess a quite important position. They possess the critical task of picking complimentary fabrics from a massive variety of textures produced by a variety of texture designers and suppliers. Each material chosen is vital to the finished appearance of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a top job of choosing beautiful fabric materials that match each other and correlate favorably. That is the reason why we consider a quilt a masterpiece of art!