A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who make our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is crucial that the quilt you buy is a suitable fit for your bed. Every quilt's measurements are special. Confirm your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring prior to buying!