A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that create our quilts select high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.