A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Definitely do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is typically utilized to describe crafts produced by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct since it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, string, as well as needle to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to create a thing distinctively for you.