A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
It is essential that the quilt you buy is an ideal match for your bed. Every quilt's proportions are different. Verify your size simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your research prior to purchasing!