A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Please do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to describe crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating knife and also stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just thread, needle, and thimble to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to produce a product uniquely for you.