A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts select quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's dimensions varies. We specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Kindly do your measuring before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers needs to correspond to their home life, because they stay at home to care for their families. Quilt-making suits that criteria. Our company allows these women to create at their own pace so that they can properly take care of their family. For many ladies, quilting is excellent therapy as well as an exceptional past-time.