A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We specify the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.