A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Please do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The profession of many Amish and Mennonite women must correspond to their home life, because they stay at home to look after their families. Quilt-making suits that need. Our company permits these ladies to produce at their own personal rate to ensure they may appropriately care for their household. For lots of women, making quilts is good therapy and an outstanding past-time.