A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who make our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's overall size is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. It is important to do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly used to define crafts created by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with merely needle, thimble, as well as string to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to produce a thing distinctively for you.