A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing differs. We post the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your research ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our artists enjoy a remarkably significant assignment. They have the crucial task of settling upon coordinating fabric materials from a seismic choice of fabric materials fabricated by numerous material artists and companies. Each material chosen is pivotal to the final look of the quilt. The artist of this quilt did a top job of going with visually appealing fabrics that complement each other and coordinate nicely. This is exactly why we regard a quilt a masterpiece of fine art!