A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts pick top quality vivid materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing varies. We post the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your research before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Given that every quilt's size is unique, it is essential that the quilt you buy is a correct match for your bed. Check your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework before you purchase!