A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your research ahead of buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The occupation of many Amish and Mennonite women must fit their home life, because they stay at home to care for their households. Quilting fits that need. Our company allows these women to work at their own pace to ensure they can effectively take care of their family. For lots of women, making quilts is actually good therapy as well as a superb past-time.