A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that make our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Please do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally used to define crafts produced by an artisan instead of a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating knife and also stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with only string, needle, and thimble to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to develop a product uniquely for you.