A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Definitely do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently used to describe crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is special due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife as well as stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely thread, thimble, and also needle to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also talent to develop a product uniquely for you.