A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts select quality vivid materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies. We publish the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Kindly do your homework before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.