A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select high quality colorful materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Definitely do your research before buying!
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artists have a truly significant job. They possess the difficult responsibility of deciding on coordinating fabric materials from a huge choice of materials manufactured by various material designers and companies. Each texture chosen is pivotal to the final fashion of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did a first-rate job of settling upon charming fabrics that enhance each other and combine very well. That is the reason we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of art!