A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that create our quilts select top-notch colorful materials and organize them in an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's sizing differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts produced by a craftsman as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is special. Nonetheless, not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife and also sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with just needle, thimble, and string to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to develop an item distinctly for you.