A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Each and every step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular woman's competence. Every one of our ladies specializes in either piecing or quilting. At least two ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together specialize in piecing particular quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each woman to become a specialist in her field.