A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts select quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our creators possess a very noteworthy assignment. They possess the vital mission of deciding on complimentary materials from a huge variety of textures developed by various fabric material artists and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is integral to the completed aesthetics of the quilt. The artist of this quilt did a lovely job of picking out appealing fabrics that suit each other and combine well. This is the reason we consider a quilt a masterpiece of fine art!