A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing varies as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. It is important to do your research ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is important that the quilt you purchase is a correct fit for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are special. Confirm your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your measuring prior to purchasing!