A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's proportions differs. We post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. Kindly do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our artisans have a quite significant job. They have the vital assignment of deciding upon complimentary fabrics from an almost infinite choice of materials developed by different pattern artists and companies. Each fabric material chosen is essential to the completed visual appeal of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did a top job of picking out visually appealing patterns that complement each other and harmonize nicely. That is the reason why we consider a quilt a piece of art!