A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Definitely do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Considering that a lot of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their households, their jobs need to coincide with their home life. We enable these women to work at their own personal rate so that they may appropriately care for their family.