A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who create our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each and every step of the quilt-making process needs a particular lady's know-how. Every one of our ladies focuses on either assembling or quilting. As a result, at least two ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The women that sew the tops together specialize in assembling particular quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to end up being a specialist in her field.