A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. It is important to do your measuring prior to buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Our designers have a very noteworthy assignment. They possess the difficult duty of picking out complimentary patterns from an almost infinite choice of fabric materials provided by many different pattern designers and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is pivotal to the completed visual appeal of the quilt. The artist of this quilt did a lovely job of choosing appealing textures that suit each other and coordinate well. That is exactly why we call a quilt a masterpiece of artwork!