A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that design our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Because each quilt's proportions are unique, it is crucial that the quilt you purchase is a correct fit for your bed. Check your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework ahead of buying!