A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who create our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs. We designate the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Kindly do your homework before your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is vital that the quilt you buy is an appropriate match for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are unique. Check your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your research prior to buying!