A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that create our quilts select top quality vibrant materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Definitely do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to care for their families, their occupations need to correspond to their home life. Quilt-making accommodates that need. We allow these ladies to create at their own personal pace so that they can appropriately look after their household. For lots of women, making quilts is really good therapy and an outstanding past-time.