A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who create our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Please do your research before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans hold a really significant position. They have the critical task of deciding upon coordinating patterns from a huge array of materials developed by various material artists and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is essential to the finished visual appeal of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a first-rate job of going with pleasing materials that suit each other and harmonize effectively. This is the reason that we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of art!