A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts select high quality vivid materials and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Actuality, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.