A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. It is important to do your homework before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.