A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's sizing varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Definitely do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.