A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your homework prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our creators enjoy a remarkably important job. They have the crucial undertaking of deciding upon complimentary fabrics from a huge array of fabric materials manufactured by a wide range of material designers and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is essential to the completed look of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did an excellent job of picking out attractive textures that balance each other and correlate very well. That is precisely why we consider a quilt a masterpiece of art!