A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and arrange them into a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's sizing varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Definitely do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The profession of lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers must coincide with their home life, considering that they remain at home to care for their families. Making quilts suits that need. We permit these women to work at their own personal rate to ensure they may properly take care of their family. For many ladies, quilting is actually really good therapy and also an outstanding past-time.