A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our creators maintain a very noteworthy position. They possess the difficult task of finding complimentary fabrics from an almost infinite variety of fabric materials provided by various material artists and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is vital to the finished character of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did a fine job of choosing visually appealing textures that complement each other and harmonize nicely. That is the reason why we call a quilt a work of art!