A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's proportions is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently utilized to describe crafts produced by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct since it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses use different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife and also stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with only needle, thimble, as well as string to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to produce a product distinctly for you.