The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. Definitely do your research ahead of your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Since lots of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their professions must correspond to their home life. Our company allows these women to work at their own personal pace so that they may appropriately look after their household.