The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs. We publish the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is commonly made use of to describe crafts produced by an artisan instead of a factory. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife and also sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with merely needle, thimble, as well as string to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to create a product distinctly for you.