The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size differs. We list the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.