The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Please do your research ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
It is important that the quilt you buy is an appropriate match for your bed. Every quilt's size is special. Investigate your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework prior to buying!