The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size differs as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
It is crucial that the quilt you buy is a suitable match for your bed. Each quilt's size is different. Check your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework before you purchase!