The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that design our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. We list the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your research before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Considering that many Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their loved ones, their occupations have to fit their home life. We allow these women to work at their own rate so that they can appropriately care for their loved ones.