The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each and every quilt's dimensions is different. We specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your measuring before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.