The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that develop our quilts pick quality vivid materials and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We list the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Each and every step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain lady's experience. Every one of our women specializes in either assembling or quilting. For that reason, a minimum of 2 ladies are associated with making each quilt. The ladies that sew the tops together concentrate on piecing particular quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to come to be a specialist in her work.