The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your homework ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.