The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring before buying!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Scarcely any people realize the level of time and laborious labor associated with creating a quilt. Quilt-making is a process that make involve 5—9 months
to accomplish. Creating a quilt incorporates designing, scissoring, combining, quilting, and binding. All in all, the entire amount of time to complete one quilt adds up to approximately 200—300 hours.