The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The profession of many Amish and Mennonite mothers must correspond to their home life, due to the fact that they remain at home to look after their households. Making quilts accommodates that requirement. Our team enables these ladies to create at their own pace to ensure they can appropriately take care of their family. For a lot of women, quilt-making is actually good therapy as well as an outstanding past-time.