The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that create our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your research before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is vital that the quilt you buy is a suitable fit for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are special. Verify your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring ahead of purchasing!