The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts select high quality vivid materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing is different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular lady's competence. Each of our women concentrates on either assembling or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are involved in making each quilt. The ladies who sew the tops together concentrate on piecing specific quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each woman to end up being a professional in her work.