The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. We specify the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of many Amish and Mennonite ladies must correspond to their home life, because they stay at home to look after their families. Quilt-making fits that need. We allow these women to work at their own pace to ensure they can appropriately look after their family. For many ladies, quilting is actually good therapy as well as an excellent past-time.