The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that design our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want. Kindly do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is commonly utilized to define crafts produced by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife and also stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely thread, needle, as well as thimble to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to develop a product distinctively for you.