The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that make our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions is different as well. We designate the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Few people today understand the extent of time and monotonous effort associated with making a quilt. Quilt-making is a process which make take five to nine months
to complete. Putting together a quilt requires designing, shearing, combining, quilting, and binding. In all, the full amount of time to complete one quilt adds up to approximately 200 to 300 hours.