The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's proportions differs. We specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your homework before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The profession of a lot of Amish and Mennonite women needs to fit their home life, due to the fact that they stay at home to care for their families. Making quilts fits that requirement. Our company permits these women to produce at their own rate to ensure they can adequately care for their household. For many women, quilting is actually really good therapy and a great past-time.