The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Since many Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their families, their professions must coincide with their home life. Our company allows our ladies to function at their own rate so that they may appropriately care for their household.