The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who make our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Considering that every quilt's proportions are special, it really is essential that the quilt you order is an ideal fit for your bed. Investigate your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!