The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who create our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's dimensions differs. We list the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts produced by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is special because it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with just needle, string, as well as thimble to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to create a thing distinctly for you.