The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a distinct work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Few folks comprehend the amount of time and laborious workmanship engaged in producing a quilt. Quilt-making is a process that make require five to nine months
to accomplish. Constructing a quilt includes designing, scissoring, piecing, quilting, and binding. When it's all said and done, the total amount of time to complete one quilt adds up to around 200 to 300 hours.