The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select quality colorful materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our creators hold a remarkably important responsibility. They possess the difficult assignment of finding coordinating textures from an enormous variety of fabrics produced by a wide range of pattern artists and companies. Each fabric material chosen is essential to the final aesthetics of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a lovely job of going with pleasing fabrics that match each other and coordinate excellently. This is precisely why we regard a quilt a masterpiece of fine art!