The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. We post the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Kindly do your homework prior to buying!
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.