The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that develop our quilts select quality vivid materials and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We list the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. It is important to do your research prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our designers hold a really noteworthy position. They possess the significant responsibility of deciding upon coordinating materials from a huge array of textures generated by many different texture designers and companies. Each texture chosen is integral to the finished fashion of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did a splendid job of going with attractive patterns that balance each other and combine nicely. This is the reason we consider a quilt a piece of artwork!