The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is important that the quilt you order is a correct match for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are unique. Investigate your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework prior to purchasing!