The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that design our quilts select quality colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements varies as well. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want. Please do your measuring before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
It is important that the quilt you order is an ideal match for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are special. Evaluate your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework before you buy!