The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Please do your homework prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Not too many people comprehend the magnitude of time and laborious workmanship connected with creating a quilt. Quilt-making is a process which make require 5—9 months
to accomplish. Making a quilt necessitates designing, scissoring, piecing, quilting, and binding. All told, the overall amount of time to complete one quilt amounts to roughly two hundred to three hundred hours.