The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a distinct work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Few people today know the scope of time and laborious workmanship engaged in producing a quilt. Quilt-making is a process that make take five to nine months
to complete. Producing a quilt entails designing, shearing, combining, quilting, and binding. When it's all said and done, the entire amount of time to complete one quilt totals roughly 200 to 300 hours.