The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's proportions is different. We post the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Every step of the quilt-making process requires a particular woman's proficiency. Each of our women concentrates on either assembling or quilting. At the very least two ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The ladies that sew the tops with each other specialize in piecing certain quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each woman to come to be an expert in her field.