The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size can be different as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring before making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies needs to correspond to their home life, because they stay at home to care for their households. Quilt-making accommodates that need. Our team enables these ladies to produce at their own rate so that they may properly care for their family. For a lot of women, quilt-making is actually great therapy and an excellent past-time.