The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. It is important to do your homework prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.