The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts pick quality vivid materials and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your research ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Only a few people today realize the level of time and tedious workmanship engaged in making a quilt. Crafting a quilt is a process that make involve 5 to 9 months
to finalize. Putting together a quilt entails designing, shearing, combining, quilting, and binding. All told, the full amount of time to complete one quilt totals approximately two hundred to three hundred hours.