The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Our designers enjoy a quite significant job. They have the significant mission of determining coordinating textures from an almost infinite array of fabrics developed by many different fabric designers and suppliers. Each material chosen is integral to the final fashion of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did a splendid job of picking beautiful patterns that enhance each other and coordinate splendidly. This is the reason that we regard a quilt a work of artistry!