The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing varies. We publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Kindly do your research prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Over the centuries, a variety of procedures have been cultivated to make it simpler for quilters to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these methods is named paper piecing, which is regularly employed to combine the intricate corners of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it name indicates, uses a special paper pattern on which the fabric segments are sewn. The pattern directs the needleworker to accurately sew the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out evenly. Techniques such as this are an excellent support to our quilt-makers!