The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who make our quilts pick quality colorful materials and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Every step of the quilt-making process requires a particular woman's competence. Every one of our women specializes in either assembling or quilting. At least 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies who stitch the tops together concentrate on assembling certain quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to become a specialist in her field.