The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and organize them in an attractive work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's measurements differs. We specify the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular woman's knowledge. Every one of our ladies focuses on either assembling or quilting. At the very least two ladies are involved in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops with each other specialize in piecing particular quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to end up being an expert in her field.