The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that design our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your homework ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Our designers enjoy a really important job. They possess the significant duty of selecting complimentary materials from a huge choice of materials generated by a wide range of texture artists and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is crucial to the final visual appeal of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a top job of picking out visually appealing textures that suit each other and coordinate excellently. This is why we refer to as a quilt a piece of artistry!