The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different as well. We list the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Please do your homework prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally made use of to define crafts produced by an artisan rather than a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique since it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter works with only needle, thread, and also thimble to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to produce a product distinctively for you.