The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts select high quality vivid materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring before purchasing!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Our designers hold a really significant position. They possess the vital assignment of deciding upon coordinating fabrics from a huge choice of fabrics provided by different fabric artists and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is crucial to the completed appearance of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did an admirable job of picking out beautiful patterns that enhance each other and harmonize nicely. This is precisely why we call a quilt a piece of artwork!