The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing differs as well. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our creators maintain a quite significant undertaking. They have the difficult undertaking of picking complimentary patterns from an almost infinite choice of patterns developed by numerous pattern artists and suppliers. Each texture chosen is vital to the completed appeal of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did a lovely job of choosing attractive patterns that suit each other and correlate very well. This is exactly why we refer to as a quilt a piece of artwork!