The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Kindly do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular lady's experience. Each of our ladies focuses on either assembling or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are involved in making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops together specialize in piecing particular quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches are different, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to end up being a specialist in her field.