The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Given that each quilt's dimensions are different, it is crucial that the quilt you purchase is definitely an ideal match for your bed. Verify your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your measuring ahead of purchasing!