The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts select quality colorful materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Please do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Considering that lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers stay at home to care for their households, their occupations need to coincide with their home life. Making quilts accommodates that need. We enable these ladies to work at their own personal rate to ensure they may effectively look after their household. For a lot of women, quilt-making is actually good therapy and also a superb past-time.