The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Kindly do your measuring before buying!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is frequently utilized to define crafts created by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Nonetheless, not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife and also sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with only thread, thimble, and needle to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to develop an item distinctly for you.