The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that design our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.