The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts select high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different as well. We designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your homework prior to buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Each step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain woman's proficiency. Each of our women specializes in either assembling or quilting. At least 2 ladies are involved in making each quilt. The ladies who sew the tops with each other concentrate on assembling particular quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to end up being an expert in her field.