The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts select top quality vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing is different. We designate the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. It is important to do your measuring before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.