The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that develop our quilts select quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Given that every quilt's size is special, it really is essential that the quilt you order is a suitable fit for your bed. Assess your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!