The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Definitely do your homework ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Not many people recognize the scope of time and laborious labor engaged in producing a quilt. Quilt-making is a process that make require 5 to 9 months
to finish. Crafting a quilt includes designing, shearing, combining, quilting, and binding. Altogether, the total amount of time to complete one quilt totals roughly two hundred to three hundred hours.