The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements is different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Please do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Our artists enjoy a quite noteworthy assignment. They possess the crucial mission of picking out coordinating textures from a huge selection of patterns fabricated by a variety of fabric artists and companies. Each pattern chosen is essential to the completed visual appeal of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a fine job of picking pleasing patterns that match each other and coordinate excellently. This is exactly why we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of art!