The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that create our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different. We specify the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Because many Amish and Mennonite mothers stay at home to take care of their households, their professions need to fit their home life. Quilting suits that need. We allow these women to operate at their own pace so that they may appropriately look after their household. For lots of ladies, quilt-making is good therapy as well as a superb past-time.