The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. It is important to do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is commonly utilized to describe crafts produced by an artisan instead of a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife as well as stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with only thimble, thread, and also needle to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to produce a thing distinctively for you.