The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing is different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Please do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Every step of the quilt-making process requires a certain woman's experience. Each of our women focuses on either assembling or quilting. At least 2 ladies are involved in making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops together specialize in piecing particular quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to become an expert in her field.