The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, every quilt's size can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies must correspond to their home life, due to the fact that they stay at home to care for their households. Making quilts meets that requirement. Our team enables these women to produce at their own pace to make sure that they may properly look after their household. For many women, quilt-making is great therapy and an outstanding past-time.