The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts pick quality colorful materials and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.