The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that create our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.