The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. We list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Kindly do your research before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is typically made use of to define crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife and also sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with just thimble, needle, and thread to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to produce an item uniquely for you.