The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Kindly do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.