The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Kindly do your research ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Over the centuries, various procedures have been perfected to make it less complicated for quilt-makers to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these techniques is paper piecing, which is often times used to assemble the intricate edges of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title designates, uses a specific paper pattern onto which the fabric fragments are stitched. The pattern directs the quilter to accurately sew the pieces together so that the finalized top will lay out flat. Methodologies such as this are a very good support to our quilt-makers!