The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts select top quality vibrant materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's dimensions is different. We specify the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Kindly do your homework before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain lady's knowledge. Each of our women concentrates on either piecing or quilting. At least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together specialize in piecing particular quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to come to be a professional in her work.