The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Given that lots of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their loved ones, their professions need to coincide with their home life. Our team permits our ladies to work at their own rate so that they can effectively care for their household.