The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts select quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. It is important to do your research before your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular woman's competence. Every one of our ladies specializes in either assembling or quilting. At the very least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies who sew the tops together focus on piecing specific quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to end up being an expert in her work.