The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts pick top-notch colorful materials and organize them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size is different as well. We publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Kindly do your homework prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Only a few folks realize the magnitude of time and monotonous workmanship involved in creating a quilt. Quilt-making is a process that make involve 5—9 months
to accomplish. Crafting a quilt is based on designing, cutting, assembling, quilting, and binding. All told, the complete amount of time to complete one quilt amounts to a staggering 200 to 300 hours.