A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts select quality vivid materials and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size is different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Kindly do your research before your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Given that a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their families, their occupations must coincide with their home life. Quilting accommodates that need. Our team allows these ladies to work at their own rate to make sure that they can adequately care for their family. For a lot of ladies, quilt-making is good therapy as well as a superb past-time.