A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts choose quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Kindly do your measuring before purchasing!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The profession of lots of Amish and Mennonite women must coincide with their home life, since they remain at home to care for their households. Making quilts suits that criteria. Our team enables these ladies to operate at their own personal rate to ensure that they can effectively maintain their family. For lots of ladies, quilt-making is actually really good therapy and an outstanding past-time.