A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs as well. We post the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. It is important to do your research before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts created by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical devices to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife as well as stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with only thimble, needle, and thread to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to develop an item distinctively for you.