A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies. We publish the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, many different tactics have been developed to make it less complicated for quilt-makers to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is named paper piecing, which is normally employed to combine the complex corners of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it name signifies, uses an unique paper pattern on top of which the fabric sections are sewn. The pattern leads the quilter to properly sew the pieces together so that the completed top will lie out evenly. Solutions of this sort as this are an excellent support to our quilt-makers!