A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that develop our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements can be different. We post the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your research before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to care for their families, their jobs have to correspond to their home life. Quilt-making meets that need. Our company allows these women to produce at their own personal pace so that they may appropriately care for their household. For lots of women, quilting is actually good therapy and an exceptional past-time.