A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size can be different. We post the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Definitely do your research before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers needs to correspond to their home life, considering that they remain at home to care for their loved ones. Quilting fits that criteria. Our team allows these ladies to operate at their own pace to make sure that they can adequately take care of their family. For a lot of ladies, making quilts is actually excellent therapy and an outstanding past-time.