A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them into a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements differs. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Definitely do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Considering that a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers stay at home to care for their households, their jobs must correspond to their home life. Quilting fits that need. Our team enables these ladies to work at their own personal rate to ensure that they can adequately maintain their family. For a lot of women, quilt-making is great therapy and also an excellent past-time.