A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. We list the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. It is important to do your homework prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artists have a truly important undertaking. They have the difficult responsibility of determining complimentary patterns from an enormous variety of fabrics developed by numerous material designers and suppliers. Each material chosen is crucial to the completed look of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did an excellent job of settling upon visually appealing fabrics that balance each other and coordinate splendidly. This is why then we refer to as a quilt a work of artistry!