A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Kindly do your homework ahead of purchasing!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts produced by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is special due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife and sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter works with merely string, needle, and also thimble to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to develop an item distinctively for you.