A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. We post the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your research prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically utilized to define crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a factory. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife and also stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter works with only string, needle, and also thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to create an item uniquely for you.