A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Kindly do your homework prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate match for your bed. Each quilt's size is special. Confirm your size by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework before you buy!