A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs as well. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Kindly do your homework prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Considering that every quilt's size is special, it really is crucial that the quilt you buy is a correct match for your bed. Check your size by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring prior to purchasing!