A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Please do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's proportions are unique. Evaluate your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework before you purchase!