A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Our artists have a really significant assignment. They have the critical responsibility of choosing coordinating textures from an enormous assortment of textures offered by a variety of fabric material artists and suppliers. Each texture chosen is pivotal to the final appearance of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did a first-rate job of settling upon pleasing textures that balance each other and correlate splendidly. That is the reason why we regard a quilt a masterpiece of art!