A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that develop our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We list the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. It is important to do your homework before making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Over the centuries, various methodologies have been cultivated to make it much easier for quilt-makers to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these procedures is called paper piecing, which is normally taken advantage of to combine the elaborate points of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it name signifies, uses an unique paper pattern on top of which the fabric segments are sewn. The pattern helps the seamstress to correctly assemble the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out evenly. Procedures of this sort as this are a very good help to our quilters!