A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly used to define crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is special since it is not mass-produced. However, not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just thimble, string, as well as needle to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to produce a thing distinctly for you.