A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since many Amish and Mennonite mothers stay at home to care for their households, their jobs must correspond to their home life. Quilting suits that criteria. Our team allows these women to operate at their own personal rate so that they may appropriately maintain their household. For lots of women, making quilts is good therapy and an excellent past-time.