A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who create our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, every quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.