A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who create our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally used to define crafts created by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and also stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with only needle, string, and thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to produce an item distinctly for you.