A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's measurements differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.