A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Kindly do your measuring before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artisans have a remarkably significant position. They have the vital mission of deciding upon complimentary patterns from a seismic array of fabric materials generated by a variety of fabric artists and companies. Each fabric material chosen is integral to the completed appearance of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did a top job of picking out visually appealing textures that match each other and combine favorably. This is the reason why we consider a quilt a work of fine art!