A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and organize them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing differs as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Please do your measuring ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
It is vital that the quilt you purchase is a suitable match for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Confirm your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework before you purchase!