A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size varies. We specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your research before purchasing!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Each step of the quilt-making process calls for a specific woman's expertise. Each of our women focuses on either piecing or quilting. As a result, at least two ladies are associated with making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together concentrate on assembling certain quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to end up being a professional in her work.