A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that make our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements can be different as well. We post the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Kindly do your homework before your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Since lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their households, their professions need to fit their home life. We enable our ladies to work at their own personal rate so that they may appropriately look after their household.