A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies. We specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.