A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who create our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different as well. We list the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. It is important to do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our creators hold a truly important assignment. They have the vital task of settling upon complimentary materials from a huge assortment of patterns manufactured by different material designers and companies. Each texture chosen is essential to the completed appearance of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did an admirable job of picking out appealing textures that balance each other and combine well. This is exactly why we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!