A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, every quilt's dimensions differs. We post the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Please do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently made use of to describe crafts created by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with just thread, needle, as well as thimble to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to develop a product distinctly for you.