A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements differs as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. It is important to do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Because numerous Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their loved ones, their professions need to fit their home life. We enable these women to work at their own personal rate so that they can effectively look after their family.