A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts choose quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is important that the quilt you order is an ideal fit for your bed. Every quilt's size is special. Verify your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework before you buy!