A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's overall size can be different. We list the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.