A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's measurements varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Kindly do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Considering that lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their families, their occupations should coincide with their home life. Our team allows our ladies to work at their own personal rate so that they may appropriately care for their loved ones.