A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts select top quality colorful materials and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements can be different. We list the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Kindly do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Because each quilt's size is unique, it really is essential that the quilt you order is definitely an ideal match for your bed. Confirm your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring ahead of purchasing!