A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Kindly do your research before making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our designers enjoy a remarkably important undertaking. They possess the crucial assignment of picking out coordinating fabric materials from a huge assortment of materials developed by a variety of texture artists and companies. Each fabric chosen is crucial to the completed look of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did an excellent job of selecting attractive patterns that suit each other and coordinate very well. That is precisely why we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!