A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Kindly do your research prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Over the centuries, many types of strategies have been produced to make it more convenient for quilters to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these methods is named paper piecing, which is commonly employed to put together the elaborate edges of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title designates, uses an unique paper pattern onto which the fabric sections are sewn. The pattern helps the quilter to correctly assemble the pieces together so that the finalized top will lay out flat. Tactics of this sort as this are a marvelous support to our quilters!