A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that develop our quilts select quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain woman's know-how. Each of our ladies specializes in either piecing or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together concentrate on piecing certain quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to become a professional in her work.