A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. Please do your homework before making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally utilized to describe crafts produced by a craftsman instead of a manufacturing facility. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with just string, needle, and also thimble to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to create a thing distinctively for you.