A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing varies. We designate the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers must fit their home life, because they remain at home to look after their families. Quilting meets that criteria. We allow these ladies to operate at their own rate so that they may adequately care for their family. For many women, quilting is excellent therapy as well as a great past-time.