A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size varies as well. We specify the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.