A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.