A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Kindly do your homework prior to making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
It is important that the quilt you buy is a suitable fit for your bed. Each quilt's dimensions are different. Confirm your size by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your research before you purchase!