A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's overall size is different. We specify the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Given that a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their households, their professions must correspond to their home life. We enable our ladies to function at their own rate so that they may effectively care for their household.