A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements is different. We post the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Please do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is typically made use of to describe crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife and sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, needle, as well as thread to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to create a thing distinctly for you.