A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your homework before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is generally utilized to define crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind because it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with just needle, thimble, as well as string to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to create a thing distinctly for you.