A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size can be different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Please do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly utilized to describe crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct because it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and also sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter works with merely needle, thimble, and thread to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to create a thing distinctly for you.