A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.