A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that design our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We list the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Definitely do your measuring before your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
For hundreds of years, a number of solutions have been perfected to make it simpler for quilters to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these procedures is named paper piecing, which is ordinarily employed to compose the complex corners of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it name suggests, uses a distinct paper pattern on which the cloth sections are sewn. The pattern leads the quilter to accurately assemble the pieces together so that the finished top will lie out flat. Methodologies such as this are a great support to our quilters!