A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that design our quilts select top-notch colorful materials and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently made use of to define crafts produced by an artisan rather than a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct since it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and also sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with just thread, needle, and also thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to produce a product uniquely for you.