A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's sizing is different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since many Amish and Mennonite women remain at home to take care of their families, their occupations must correspond to their home life. Quilting accommodates that requirement. We enable these ladies to create at their own rate so that they can effectively care for their family. For a lot of women, quilt-making is good therapy and a superb past-time.