A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size is different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Please do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Our designers possess a quite significant position. They have the critical undertaking of picking coordinating patterns from an enormous variety of fabrics produced by many different pattern designers and suppliers. Each texture chosen is pivotal to the completed appearance of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a top job of choosing beautiful materials that suit each other and correlate effectively. This is the reason that we regard a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!