A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Considering that many Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to take care of their households, their occupations must correspond to their home life. Making quilts fits that criteria. Our team allows these women to create at their own personal pace to ensure that they may effectively take care of their family. For lots of women, making quilts is actually excellent therapy as well as a great past-time.