A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. It is important to do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.