A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs. We specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, an array of procedures have been cultivated to make it much easier for quilt-makers to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these strategies is named paper piecing, which is often taken advantage of to assemble the elaborate angles of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it name specifies, uses a particular paper pattern on top of which the material fragments are stitched. The pattern helps the seamstress to correctly stitch the pieces together so that the completed top will lie out flat. Strategies of this sort as this are a marvelous help to our quilters!