A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.