A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that design our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your homework prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Each step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular lady's proficiency. Each of our women focuses on either assembling or quilting. At least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies that sew the tops together specialize in piecing particular quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to come to be a professional in her field.