A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different. We post the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain lady's know-how. Each of our ladies concentrates on either piecing or quilting. Consequently, at the very least two ladies are associated with making each quilt. The ladies that stitch the tops with each other concentrate on assembling certain quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to end up being a professional in her work.