A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's size is different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Since a lot of Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their loved ones, their professions have to correspond to their home life. We enable our ladies to operate at their own rate so that they can properly care for their loved ones.